Big Easy™ Game Rules
How To Win
To reach the treasure chest with the MOST Krabby Patties on your Character Card. You will need Krabby Patties in order to have enough strength to get to the treasure chest.
1. Assemble the Spinner by snapping the stud and arrow into place at the hole of the Spinner card.
2. Unfold the Big Easy™ Floor Mat face up on the floor so that each player can sit around it.
3. Place the Tray Card on the image of the tray in the lower right corner of the floor mat.
4. Each player chooses a Character Card and places it into a game stand.
5. Place the Character Cards with stands at START.
6. Place the sheet of Colorforms Stick-Ons™ in easy reach of each player.
How to Move
1. The youngest player goes first by spinning the Spinner. The arrow will either point to a color and a number, or to Plankton.
2. That player chooses to move his/her Character Card ahead by the number shown, or move to the next space displaying the matching color. Sometimes it is beneficial to move by color; sometimes it is more rewarding to move by number. A player might try to avoid a character marker or avoid a location. One strategy may get you to the treasure faster, but another strategy may help you gain more patties. For younger players, see "Special Rules For Younger Players."
3. Play passes to the next player on the left.
4. If the Spinner lands on Plankton, the player "loses a turn" by having to place his/her Character Card at The Chum Bucket and lose four of the patties that are on his/her card. The player must place patties on the Tray Card at the corner of the floor mat.
5. When moving along the mat, a player may land on a space containing a character image (SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, Sandy, Plankton or Mr.Krabs). These character markers require players to jump to that character's house (or restaurant) and collect or lose the number of patties indicated at that location.
6. Each player can move forward or backward on any given path, even if that player has already traveled down that path.
7. A player does not need to spin the exact number in order to move into a home/location space. Player just needs to spin the minimum number to enter that space.
8. When a player reaches a location, that player must stop. The player takes the number of Krabby Patty Stick-Ons specified and sticks them onto his/her card.
How to Collect Krabby Patties
1. Along the different pathways leading to the chest are different characters' homes, The Krusty Krab and The Chum Bucket. Each player gains or loses a specified number of Krabby Patties when they land in one of these locations:
2. If a player loses patties because of his/her landing location or because the Spinner lands on Plankton, he/she must place patties on the Tray Card in the corner of the mat.
Special Rules for Younger Players
To start, play this game using only the wedges on the Spinner that show the colors. Players advance on the mat by moving to the next space displaying the color shown on the Spinner. When players have mastered this version, they can switch to using only the ring of the Spinner displaying the numbers. Players move ahead by the number shown on the Spinner. If the Spinner lands on Plankton, the player "loses a turn" by having to place his/her Character Card at The Chum Bucket and lose four of his/her patties that are on the card. The player must place patties on the Tray Card at the corner of the floor mat.
For Older Players and Players Familiar with the SpongeBob™ SquarePants Animated Series
When a player lands on his/her character's own home, he/she gets to collect a decorative Colorforms Stick-On that relates to the character's personality and stick that piece onto the card:
An extra set of these decorative Colorforms Stick-Ons (Krusty Krab hat, clarinet, bar, cowboy hat) is provided on the sheet, in case any pieces are lost.
At the Treasure Chest
If more than one player arrives at the treasure chest at the same time, the player with the MOST Krabby Patties on his/her Character Card wins the game!